Thursday, July 14, 2011

Summer fun

Here's just a few pictures of the past couple weeks at home. Mimi brought some fresh corn and we went blueberry picking! I didn't take my camera with us blueberry picking since it was their first time, and I wasn't sure how they would do. But next time I will. They stuffed their faces with blueberries the whole time. It didn't take Adam long to figure out he could just grab handfulls of blueberries from our buckets and put them in his cup to eat. :) Alex was actually getting the hang of picking them by the time we left. It was handy having them to go under the bushes to get the berries.







I love this picture. After we husk the corn, Alex likes to put the bowl on his head and take them to the compost pile. He reminds me of the girl at the end of Jungle Book. :)


Boys playing with toy tractors


Ah, so peaceful. If only it would last. Not long after I captured this moment, Adam snapped (over who knows what) and threw a tractor at Alex which squarely hit him and left a nice bloody lip. Temper, temper. At least I have this picture to remind me that they can and do play nicely!


This week Adam moved into a big bed in Alex's room. So now the boys are roommates! Adam's pretty stubborn, so once Mimi brought the bed and it was ready for him, he assured us he was sleeping in it! No more crib for him! Unfortunetly the stubborness also refuses to give up the pacifier. (sigh) However I wont allow him to reach his second birthday and still have it. So we are going to have a battle of the wills in the near future. Ah, the joys of parenthood. :)

No comments: