Friday, April 16, 2010

Poor Puddy

We decided to get Puddy groomed this week. And well, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when I saw him. I've been having to cut out chunks of matted fur and burrs the last year or so, and so I thought it might be worth a try to get him groomed to see if it would help this summer. Not to mention help with the shedding and keeping him cool this summer.

We weren't quite prepared for the outcome.

This is the BEFORE picture...













These are the AFTER pictures.
His hair is about the length of a boxer's, if that helps.


Like I said.....Laugh or Cry? I've done both.

5 hours, 3 baths (with the groomer in the tub too), 25+ ticks, one broken grooming table later... and this is the dog we brought home. It's certainly taking some getting used to. I was under the impression he was going to be shaven, but have at least an inch or two of hair still. After talking with the groomers, that was the plan, however after they kept finding ticks, they decided to buzz him a little closer. On the bright side, I did decline them doing a "Lion's tail" on him. What's that? You guessed it....shave the tail except leave a tuft of fur at the tip. Hahaha.....I had a hard time keeping a straight face when they told me what it was. Do people really get that done? I surely hope not!


Anyway, I don't think we will be doing this again. At the very most, a TRIM maybe next spring. But I don't think the groomers are in a hurry to see Puddy again any time soon. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my...Poor Puddy is right! I can't believe it. Joel and I are laughing.